Monday, June 30, 2008

Just a short update!

Kami and Daddy playing in the princess tent (which Kami thinks is the best thing in the world).
Outside of the house fully painted.
Front porch.
Not too much to update here. The house is close to being done. The kitchen floors have been stained (I was going to take pictures, but they were covered with cardboard) and light fixtures have been put up. We have our orientation walk-through next Thursday, which I'm excited for. We have a list of things that need to be fixed before we close, but other than that things are going well.
Kami is growing up so fast. Depending on what she wants to say, she is taking in sentences now and has a great memory. She repeats everything you say and remembers it later. I heard her counting in Spanish the other day. She didn't say all numbers and I'm not sure they were in order, but it was Spanish nevertheless. We are transitioning Kami into a "big girl" bed. Kami and I are going to my parents for the 4th, so we are going to start there. I'm sure I'll have lots of evenings of putting her to bed mulitple times, but I'm ready. When we get back, I'll post an update of my trials. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. Stay safe!

3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Love the color choice of your house! Neat. Hey, where did you find the Princess Tent? I am thinking Britney would love something like that. Let me know if you have time. Thanks for the update. Good luck with "big-girl" bed transitioning!

Love,

Deb

The Baete's said...

Love the house! It looks wonderful. We hope you have a wonderful 4th and that Kami can sleep through the night peacefully!
We miss you all,
The Baete's

KariAnne said...

Your house looks beautiful!I can't believe how big Kami has gotten! Hope you had a wonderful 4th. Kari