Monday, March 23, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa!

Kami showing her "pushing" face on the potty!
On the potty reading her Shape magazine!

This past weekend Grandma and Grandpa (Coen) came to visit. It was a great weekend...we had 70 degree weather everyday! Kami was able to get her fill by playing outside, going to the park to play and we even went to Estes Park. What a great time. The only problem, I didn't take any pictures. Apparently I am getting slightly senile in my old age:) Grandma took pictures, so hopefully she'll send me some (I'm assuming she'll read this at some point).

Nothing new going on here. Kami and Brennan must be going through a growth spurt. Kami's new nickname is "grocery gut". Last week I picked her up from preschool and her teachers said she was asking for more lunch (she never does that). We are also working on potty training. Kami would sit on the potty all day if she could. Now comes the task of getting her to recognize when she has to go so she doesn't have to sit there all day. I think once that happens, she'll be potty trained. Brennan is eating like a champ and loves his cereal at night. If you don't feed him fast enough, he'll start to grunt, scream and cry! It's quite funny. He loves to laugh at himself and loves peek-a-boo. Being such a wiggle worm, I have a feeling he'll be mobile very soon. Brennan loves his sister and will quite down when being sung to by her. I am really hopeful they will have a great relationship.

My half marathon training is going well. I ran my first 8 miles last night and it felt pretty good. I was definitely tired, but I never hit a wall. There was a huge head wind for about 1/2 my run, so that slowed me down a little bit. Once I do my first 10 mile training run, I can be better equipped to pick a goal time.

I am looking outside and listening to the wind wondering when the snow will start to fall. We are supposed to get maybe up to a couple inches by tomorrow and be cold the rest of the week. I am so ready for spring to be here permanently!

1 comment:

The Baete's said...

Kami's hair is soooo long! Glad things are going well and the weather is good. We've been in the 70s here so outside is where we have spent most of our evenings.
Lisa