Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This past week was spring break for my sister-in-law and her boys, so they decided to come out to Colorado to ski. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Sara and cousins Gabe, Griffin and Grant piled into Sara's car and came out to visit for a few days. We headed to Winter Park and had a great time. Grandma watched Brennan while Pat and I skied the first day. The second day, Pat was kind enough to watch both kids which allowed Sara and I to hit the slopes alone...no kids! It was wonderful. We got to ski the whole morning by ourselves and eat a nice relaxing lunch on the mountain. The afternoon we skied with her two older boys. I stayed with Gabe (the oldest) and helped him learn to turn and get up when he fell. Both days were absolutely beautiful...we couldn't have asked for a better time.



I got Kami into ski school for the first day we were there and she had a blast (she did much better then when I tried to teach her). 3 year olds in skis is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I didn't get a good front picture of her because I didn't want to bother her in her lesson. She said she had a blast and wants to do it again. I can't wait until we can ski together. Eldora has great rates for kids lessons, so we'll be heading there next winter!

First time out on Mt. Maury. Kami is the one on the far right next to the girl in the yellow coat (she's squatting).

Kami is the one in the pink and purple plaid snow pants .

Pat and I were heading over to see if we could catch her, and we actually got to see her ski down the hill. I wasn't able to get my camera out of my pocket fast enough, so all I got was the backside of her as she was finishing up.

Sara and I at the very top of Winter Park...and yes, we were by ourselves!

No comments: