Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fever

This past weekend Kami decided to have a fever. I checked her temp, and it was 102.8. I was concerned, but not enough to run to the doc. I did call, however, to see what I could do at home. As suggested, I alternated between Tylenol and Motrin (I'm not a big advocate for druging up my child, but this situation needed it). She just kind of hung around all day and didn't do or eat much. The next morning she was back to her old self, running around and screaming. I did notice the next day, she had two new molars that had broken through the skin. She's never had a fever before when she was getting teeth, but maybe the molars are different since they are bigger teeth. Anyway, she now has 10 teeth and they are very sharp!

We had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Coen. Kami loved hanging out with Grandma, but wanted little or nothing to do with Grandpa. Maybe he looked so much like Pat it made her nervous. Every once and awhile she'd let him play with her, which gave the rest of us a break. We went to Build-A-Bear, and out of all the cute Easter bunnies, ducks and bears she could choose from, she picked a plain brown monkey which I have named Lulu. Kami will give Lulu a kiss in passing, but won't really play with her yet.

Last night, Pat and I decided to do an old wives tale to predict the gender of the new baby. I laid on my back, threaded a hair through my wedding ring, and then held it over my belly. If it moved around in a circle, it's supposed to be a girl. If it moved back and forth, it's supposed to be a boy. Mine moved back and forth. Who knows if it's right? We'll have to wait until it's birthday to see. For now, the baby's name is Tubnl (stands for To Be Named Later).

No comments: